Spinach Stuffed Chicken Rollatini
This dish is a family favorite, my son and husband often request this weekly. Its an easy “prep ahead” dish that can be baked later in the week. I usually prep this on a Tuesday and my husband will bake it on Wednesday. This h
earty, filling and healthy dish pleases everyone at the table. It’s a great dish to make when entertaining, especially since you can prepare it ahead of time. It will truly impress your guests because it looks so fancy and pretty at the table. Serve it with a side of veggies & garlic bread or over some pasta & a side salad. I often times double this recipe so that there is extra to take for lunch or to eat on “leftovers night.” I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
*** Just an FYI: The packages of chicken breast may vary. Sometimes I get 4 thin breasts and sometimes 6. I usually count them (by peeking through the plastic wrap) prior to purchasing and opt for the 6 breasts. I get very excited when they go on sale & stock my freezer 🙂
Makes 6 servings. 1 Chicken Roll per serving: Weight Watchers Points + 5 ~ Calories 186 ~ Fat 5.6 g ~ Carbs 7.0 g ~ Fiber 1.2 g ~ Protein 26 g
- 1 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce; can be homemade or from a jar (I prefer Glen Muir brand)
- 1.3 lbs of Boneless Skinless Thin Sliced Chicken breast (Tyson trimmed & ready thin sliced)
- Spray Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Filling: Multiply the below by 6..... (add to the inside of each chicken breast)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp grill seasoning
- 1/2 tsp grated garlic
- 1/8 cup reduced fat shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup packed baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking dish with Cooking Spray. Add 1/2 cup Marinara sauce to the bottom of the baking dish.
- To prepare Chicken: Lay the chicken on flat surface (I use chopping mat). Sprinkle the seasonings on top of the chicken breast:1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp grill seasoning &1/2 tsp garlic. Add 1/8 cup of cheese to each of the breast and then add the packed 1/4 cup of spinach to each breast. Roll chicken while pressing the stuffing inside the chicken. Lay in baking dish with the seam side down.
- Continue to roll the remainder of the chicken and place in baking dish. Top the chicken with 1 cup of sauce. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top of the sauce.*** Bake for 45 minutes uncovered.
- **If you are making this for another night** Store covered in fridge and bake within 3 days. If you are taking it out of the fridge and then baking. You will have to increase the baking time. Bake it covered with foil for 45 minutes then take the foil off for 15 minutes. (375 degrees)
One Reply to “Spinach Stuffed Chicken Rollatini”
Thank you so much for your helpful hints about making this dish ahead. I was looking for a low-carb option to make for a friend that just lost a loved one, and couldn’t find any advice on storing it for a day or two until she needs it.
I look forward to clicking around more on your blog!
You must log in to post a comment.