Happy New Year!! For all of you that have made your 2012 resolution to lose weight and eat healthier………ENJOY this recipe 🙂
Low Points, Low Calories, Low Fat………. High in Flavor!!
** You may want to sprinkle some brown sugar on top prior to baking, for some crunch 🙂 I definitely will next time!
Strawberries And Cream Muffins
Weight Watchers points + 3 ~ Calories: 127 ~ Fat 1.5 grams ~ Cholesterol 15 mg ~ Carbs 24 grams ~ Fiber 1.5 grams ~ Protein 4 grams.
- 2 cups multigrain baking mix (Trader Joe's)
- 1 pkg Oatmeal (original flavor I used Trader Joe's oatmeal complete)
- 1 stalk of vanilla bean ( sliced & scrape the beans out)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of strawberries finely cut & sprinkled with 1 tsp sugar (put in medium-sized bowl )
- 1 6 oz container vanilla 0 % Chobani yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 pkg of unsweetened apple sauce (3.2 oz, I used my son's go-go squeeze apple sauce)
- Butter flavor cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 375 and prepare muffin pans with a butter flavor cooking spray (spray each compartment)
- Mix dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl ( baking mix, sugar, oatmeal and vanilla beans). Mix well to distribute the vanilla beans
- Mash strawberries with potato masher leaving some chunks then add yogurt, egg and apple sauce; whisk together
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until it comes together (don't over mix)
- Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for 25 minutes
- makes approximately 14 muffins.
- Serving size 1 muffin
Sheena\'s Culinary Tuesdays www.culinarytuesdays.com