Sabzi is a term that Asian Indians use to describe vegetables. Kale is an excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Calcium. Enjoy this supe-healthy side dish with Tandoori Chicken
makes 4 servings: Nutrition per serving: Weight Watchers Points + 2 ~ Calories 72 ~ Fat 2.6 g ~ Carbs 12 g ~ Fiber 1.9 g ~ Protein 2.2 g
- 5 oz mixed Kale (I purchase from Whole Foods pre-washed & cut)
- 1 onion slivered (julienne)
- 2 garlic cloves slivered
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander (ground)
- 3 grinds of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Add the EVOO to a wok on medium/high heat. Once oil is warmed add the onions, garlic & all seasonings; sautee until onions have lost their firm texture. Add Kale and stir fry for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir fry additional 2 minutes. Yes, it is that simple!! Enjoy! **You may need to add more salt to your liking.
Sheena\'s Culinary Tuesdays www.culinarytuesdays.com
You must log in to post a comment.